Gnucash 1.8.2 first impressions

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sat Apr 12 13:41:28 CDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:13:09PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> Herbert Thoma <tma at iis.fhg.de> writes:
>
> > So why get the prices from the transfer dialog in? I see no difference
> > between a price from the transfer dialog and a price from a
> > stock/mutual-fund/currency register ...
>
> Well, it got added when I started using the transfer dialog to enter
> exchange rates...  People were asking about entering multiple,
> multi-currency transactions and wanted gnucash to "help out"...  So
> that's why it got added there.

Derek,
Do we currently allow transactions with more than two currencies in them?
If so, then I can state that this causes problems for the current
lot-balancing code ...  I'd have to rethink what t means for three
or more currencies in one transaction.

--linas