docs: definition of "fully supported language translation"

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Aug 7 17:41:05 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham schrieb:
> Do we have a definition of what constitutes a fully supported language
> translation?  I ask so I can add a text snippet to the docs (and web
> site in the future) with a list of fully supported languages.
>
> I was thinking this:  "greater than 90% translated strings, not counting
> the HBCI strings".
>
> Not counting HBCI because it says right in the .po files that it is
> optional to translate these strings, since the HBCI system only exists
> in Germany.

Absolutely. However, I would not recommend mentioned "HBCI" in the
language overview, because nobody (except us and Germans) knows what
HBCI means. You could rather write something generic like "not counting
country-specific features". As for the calculation mode I absolutely
agree -- a translation for Brazilian Portugese is surely completed as
soon as everything except HBCI has been translated.

> I whipped up a perl script to build a "% done" translation table, and
> I'm thinking to add support for skipping HBCI strings... but I'll only
> do the work if everyone thinks this definition is valid.

You could count the number of strings that came *only* from the
import-export/hbci directory and subtract that from the total number of
strings. However, you should make sure that de.po doesn't end up with a
percentage larger than 100 :-)

Christian