docs: definition of "fully supported language translation"

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Thu Aug 7 14:39:36 CDT 2003

On August 7, 2003 12:34 pm, Jon Lapham wrote:
> Done.  The script is called "po_stats.pl" and... well... these are the
> results.  Note, I am using an old-ish CVS snapshot that contains *my*
> latest pt_BR.po file... so that is why pt_BR.po is higher than any other
> language translation.  The gnucash.pot file I used should be fairly
> uptodate (I just built it).
>
> So, we have 2944 strings total and 2755 when filtering for
> country_specific_pattern.  I was hoping that Russian, French and Spanish
> would suddenly shoot up in % done.. but they haven't.

Well, I wrote much of the recent french translation, but it's still missing
much of the buisness features, and that's a lot of hard strings to translate
out of context.  I was hoping that by having a mostly complete (tough not
consistent) translation of GnuCash, someone else would adopt it, complete it
and maintain it, but so far this hasn't happened.
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/