docs: definition of "fully supported language translation"

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Aug 8 11:50:09 CDT 2003

Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
> Hi all
> checking the po statistics i see a "Missing Column"
> checking cvs i realized that el.po contains 2479 messages.
> Total messages are 2755.
> How can i bring in missing messages.
> Note intltool-update el gives error like this:
 > [snip]

You can do it manually, as shown in section 7 of doc/TRANSLATION_HOWTO:

(note, you may have to first run "autogen.sh" for any of this to work)

===================================
7) Initial processing of the translation file

Before you begin actualy translation work, you should update the
gnucash.pot file and use this to update your .po file.  This process
will insure that you have the latest translatable strings.

cd po/
rm gnucash.pot
make gnucash.pot

If your language file does not exist, use the gnucash.pot file as a
template for it:

cp gnucash.pot XXXX.po

If your laguage file does exist, update it using the msgmerge program:

/usr/bin/msgmerge -o XXXX.po XXXX.po gnucash.pot

Let me know if this works, or if the instructions could be made clearer,
or maybe there is better way to do this?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil