GList vs Perl

Aaron Peromsik aaron at peromsik.net
Fri Aug 15 09:16:51 CDT 2003

Linas wrote...
g> Although there was one 'bug'/feature: I couldn't figure out how to
g> turn perl arrays into GList and v.v. and a lot of the routines use
g> lists in the API.
g>
g> This issue is one of the big ones for swig/perl

The gtk2-perl bindings claim to do this, at least at the below URL. I
don't know whether they use SWIG but I don't think it matters. Maybe
studying them would help.

from http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/Gtk2%3A%3Aapi.pod.html :
"Most things that take or return a GList, GSList, or array of values
will use native perl arrays (or the argument stack) instead."

If you don't have time to sort this out, I may be able to help, though
I'm pretty busy myself.

--
Aaron Peromsik <aaron at peromsik.net> ----[For thinner oatmeal, add more water.]