General Architecture and MOAP

James Dailey JDailey at gfusa.org
Mon Aug 25 17:22:16 CDT 2003

GnuCash Developers -

Please see the following URL
(http://moap.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Moap/GnuCashArchitec
ture) for a basic architectural diagram of GnuCash - I have based it on
ya'alls descriptions, and would like to get it right - please comment to
me.

Here's why:  We (http://moap.sourceforge.net/) are interested in
leveraging the GNUCash codebase to create a banking application for
micro credit (see http://www.gfusa.org for one example).  Micro credit
is a movement to bring financial services to the world's poorest - in
villages around the world over 30 million families have been served.
Moap is an effort to create an open source BANKING application that is
suited to microfinancial services - see our Wiki site for general use
cases and reporting formats.  We're in the planning stages. Mainly, we
expect to create a Portfolio system that ties to an accounting system.

If possible, I would like to have a couple people from MOAP and a few
from GnuCash discuss on a separate thread (MOAP discussion list?) the
level of modularity and flexbility of the APIs so that we can be sure
that our decisions around J2EE/Java/XML would make sense in the
GnuArchitecture.  Again, I refer you to a general diagram at
http://moap.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Moap/GnuCashArchitect
ure.

James Dailey
Grameen Foundation USA