Translators web page

Eneko Lacunza listas at enlar.net
Wed Aug 27 15:28:45 CDT 2003

Hi,

El mié, 27 de 08 de 2003 a las 13:35, Christian Stimming escribió:
> Apart from that, I think making the po files available for direct
> download is not really a good idea. Many translations only make sense if
> the translator has the source code context anyway. So I would rather
> assume that any serious translation work needs the whole source code
> package anyway.

	Generally translators don't look in source files. Instead, they check
for translation effect in the program, running it with updated
translation.

	I think it is the right thing to do. Maybe sometimes it can be usefull
to look in source code, but I don't think it is necessary in most of the
cases.

Regards

--
Eneko Lacunza <listas at enlar.net>