gnucash 1.8 and HBCI does not work?

Chris Morgan chrismorgan at rcn.com
Wed Feb 12 10:58:28 CST 2003

---- Original message ----
>Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:43:37 +0100
>From: Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de>
>Subject: Re: gnucash 1.8 and HBCI does not work?
>To: eg at tzv.fal.de
>Cc: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
>
>Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
>
>> after a lot of initial exitement I have sobered down
considerably regarding
>> HBCI use of gnucash with 1.8. This simply doen not work any
more.

It worked with a prior version of gnucash?  Do you know which
version?  I'm not sure what the debug path is on hbci data but
I'm sure someone on the mailing list can suggest something.

>*cough* I do not quite understand what this message is
supposed to say.
>Do you simply want to express your disappointment that your
specific
>chipcard, hardware, and bank don't seem to work out with
gnucash and
>OpenHBCI? Well, yes, sorry, the world always has more
problems than we
>thought of before. If none of the developers can reproduce your
>problems, none of the developers can fix it. Sorry, but
that's the way
>software projects work (and not only the open source ones).
>
>> Any suggestions as to what to do?
>
>Nothing. Not whining. Sorry.
>
>Christian

Why waste bandwidth just to give the guy a hard time?  Maybe
something constructive can be said instead.

Chris