Contractor usage

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Fri Nov 7 16:31:08 CST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:19:23PM -0500, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> Let me think about this and get back to you.  At a first
> approximation, the "user" should have some "user authentication

Yeah, OK, I know the concepts, I've seen them done in the kernel,
I'll give it some thought.   Might even rough in a few bits & peices.
Not sure why I asked.

Oh, here's why I asked: the big conceptual leap is that security
presumes that there's a gnucash server, since I don't know of any
way of enforcing security with a library (at least not in Unix).

Now, there are some cheesey SQL hacks one could do to enforce security ...
should I provision for those?

If there's really a gnucash server, this raises that ugly question
again of what's the client-server protocol.  For which I used to have
a clear answer, but now its dimmed a bit ...

--linas