SQL tables for GnuCash Business Objects?

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Oct 9 23:53:47 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:27:01PM -0500, Matthew Vanecek was heard to remark:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:13, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > Have you perchance designed an SQL tables for the business objects?
>
> Not yet.  I could do it this weekend, though.  I've looked at the
> business code some, so it shouldn't take too much.

I didn't thinki it was hard, just thought you'd have them handy.

> with Gnucash, working on an extensible QofQuery->SQL engine.  100%
> arbitrary SQL sure is a pain in the butt...

is your code publically available?

> Any easier way to add new types of data to Gnucash, but it sounds like
> what you are looking at is a fairly major change to the architecture.

I'm not changing the architecture.  at least not for existing parts.
Its experimental, I wanted to try a new way of doing the bus obj backend
for sql

Its going more slowly than I'd hoped. :-)

--linas