OFX download problems

Jon Hamkins hamkins at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Jun 12 13:52:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 21:48, David Reiser wrote:
> A while back Jon Hamkins asked:
> [snip]
> > Happily, I happened upon the ofx.py and ofx-ba.py scripts at
> > http://www.jongsma.org/gc/ which connect directly to the OFX servers,
> > along with the list of OFX servers.  Thanks!  In principle, this should
> > be enough for me to give up my own scripts.
> >
> > Except, I can't get ofx.py to work.
[...]
> I had exactly the same problem with my ameritrade account. The ofx.py
> usage message says:
> Usage: ofx.py site user [account]
> available sites: ameritrade, discover, ucard
>
> My experience with ameritrade is that the account is absolutely not
> optional.

Indeed.  I didn't follow up to the list, but once I used the account
option, the ofx.py script worked fine for downloading from Discover.
I still haven't been able to download from Bank of America, because I
haven't found the OFX server information.  The previously mentioned
'bankinfo.tar.gz' doesn't seem to have the required info for B of A.

     ----Jon