donating

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 24 09:13:01 EDT 2004

> I don't know - but it's in the spirit of "open" as in source. I think its
> also useful for the general public:
>
> 1) one can either see that making (some) OSS is a hard "business" that
>    is hardly being done for the money or
> 2) that OSS projects can be a form of survival too
>
> depends on how much will be donated.
>
> OTOH if the amount is high you'll get inquires about "who got the money"?

I doubt it'll ever be high enough to get that far, but I guess you
never know.

Right now we've got about $500.  That would be enough to:

1) pay for the new server i obtains, or
2) pay for the new disks linas is installing and a couple months of connectivity,
or do something else.

Or we can just keep it for now and wait and use it later.

:)