Search engine

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 6 18:37:06 EDT 2004

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> These:
> Language: English | Français | Deutsch (mirror) | Nederlands | Português
> ?

Yea.  Those.  They aren't visible in my browser.  I see them in the source
but they aren't being rendered.

> Which browser are you using? It's showing in Konqueror and Lynx.

mozilla 1.4

> Actually, it's working. (locally at least).
> http://www.codehelp.co.uk/code/test-result.html
>
> That was using a request:
> search.php?terms=test+make&abstract=on&boolean=AND&case=sensitive

Cool!  :)

> The format WILL change because I'll have to include the archive and date to
> search.

That's fine...  I trust you on that.  I'll test it later. :)

> It's a case of getting the other archives into the array with their own start
> dates, adding the multi-archive capability to the querystring (already
> supported in the code) and I'll post the first script probably tomorrow
> evening or Saturday afternoon.

Cool.  I would suggest a bunch of checkboxes for the archives to
search (maybe with some reasonable default based on the Referrer?).

Nice work.