G2 branch doesn't build

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 2 18:48:34 EST 2005

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> On Saturday 02 April 2005 10:38 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Neil,
> >
> > This is your code...  Can you fix this?
>
> Yes, I'll have to re-implement the save dialog. You'll also find the same
> calls in src/business/business-gnome/ and I'll change those too. My only
> problem is time - I'll try to look at it tomorrow (it's midnight this side of
> the pond) but I don't know if I'll have time to test the replacement to
> commit this week.

I didn't try...  Last time I tried rebuilding g2 was a while ago.  I wouldn't
think you need to reimplement the whole thing -- just change the "file
selection" API to use the existing API hooks.

> > `gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new'
>
> Am I OK to switch this to:
> gtk_file_selection_new
> ?
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFileSelection.html
>
> How do I check things like this? There's no hint in the Gtk API documentation
>
> that one is older or preferable to the other.
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFileChooser.html
>
> I just chose the one that gave the most useful dialog.

GnuCash already uses a file chooser dialog -- we need to in the "file save" or
"save as" code paths.  We should just reuse this API.  Did you look for a
"gnc_file_selection" API?  If nothing else you should look in the gnc-file API
docs.