postgresql and business features

Brian dol-sen at telus.net
Sat Apr 16 11:41:17 EDT 2005

I am new to these lists, and fairly new to actually getting some work
done on gnucash.  My primary use is for a small retail kiosk business my
wife and I bought last year.

So far I have found that in entering a new vendor bill that the
descriptions have a short term memory.  It is only for the current bill!
Rarely would I have to enter the same description twice in the same
bill, but would enter the same descriptions for the same vendors
regularly.

What I would like for it to do would be:

-- gnucash to have a per vendor database to store the descriptions as
well as most of the other data for that entry such as [action,Expense
account, Unit price, Taxable, Tax Included, Tax Table] info as most of
it will remain constant from bill to bill.

-- It should remember the last values entered rather than multiple
variations of the same description.  In my case I do not have a great
number of different items, but other small businesses could.

--  This leads up to an inventory module, is it planned?  My inventory
tracking needs are minimal as most of the products we purchase are used
to produce our final saleable product.  An inventory module would be
usefull, but not critical.

The above could be implemented in an xml database for smaller
requirements but would be more suitable to a regular database for larger
numbers of vendors/items to remember.  This brings up the postgersql
question.  Is there still interest/work on bringing the postgresql
integration up to date with the current business model/features?

Thank you for all the work on gnucash up to date.
--
Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>