postgresql and business features

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 12:03:06 EDT 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 4:41 pm, Brian wrote:
> So far I have found that in entering a new vendor bill that the
> descriptions have a short term memory.  It is only for the current bill!
> Rarely would I have to enter the same description twice in the same
> bill, but would enter the same descriptions for the same vendors
> regularly.

I have the opposite - I regularly enter exactly the same description for
consecutive dates in one invoice covering, usually, a week. I find it quite
useful when "Mileage" pops up just by typing M.

However, more useful is an automated way of creating these objects and I'm
working on that - by importing an XML file that contains the required data.

I'm not too familiar with the auto-fill code already in GnuCash but I think
this may be able to be used here. Patches are welcome!

> --  This leads up to an inventory module, is it planned?

Not currently.

> The above could be implemented in an xml database for smaller
> requirements but would be more suitable to a regular database for larger
> numbers of vendors/items to remember.

Why should it be saved externally at all? If you want that kind of
functionality, it'd be best to not have to type anything and use the new XML
to create the invoice / bill for you.

--

Neil Williams