FreqSpec and SchedXaction as QOF objects

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 23 10:38:46 EDT 2005

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> On Saturday 23 April 2005 2:44 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Beyond all that, I have no problem with QOFizing FS and SX.
> >
> > -derek
>
> I've just realized: FreqSpec would become the only QOF object that is
> actually
> within the QOF library. That isn't ideal.
>
> It has no references within QOF itself, it's declared as QOF_ID_FREQSPEC not
>
> QOF_TYPE_xx which is right (to me) because it is an object, not a data type
> like a string or boolean.
>
> gnc-date.c doesn't use it (the reverse) and it really doesn't fit with the
> rest of the QOF code, numerics, kvp, queries, sessions, backends, merge and
> instances.
>
> What's it doing in libqof in the first place?
>
> Shall I remove it and leave it in GnuCash src/engine only?

I don't know.  I suspect it's in libqof because Linas copied all of src/engine
and pared out the stuff that was gnucash-specific..  But freqspec wasn't
necessarily gnucash-specific.  Indeed, I can certainly see using freqspec to
define palm calendar recurrences, no?

Personally I don't have a strong opinion on what stays in libqof and what stays
in src/engine.  I dont have as clear a dividing line in my mind as you do in
yours.