FreqSpec and SchedXaction as QOF objects

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 10:55:18 EDT 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 3:38 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > What's it doing in libqof in the first place?
> >
> > Shall I remove it and leave it in GnuCash src/engine only?
>
> I don't know.  I suspect it's in libqof because Linas copied all of
> src/engine and pared out the stuff that was gnucash-specific..  But
> freqspec wasn't necessarily gnucash-specific.  Indeed, I can certainly see
> using freqspec to define palm calendar recurrences, no?

Precisely why I started looking at FreqSpec when I was intending to get the
QSF maps finished! Having something like this will make datebooks easier.

I just don't think it needs to be in the library - it can just as easily be in
the application along with all the other objects. That would certainly make
more sense.

> Personally I don't have a strong opinion on what stays in libqof and what
> stays in src/engine.  I dont have as clear a dividing line in my mind as
> you do in yours.

To me, QOF - as a library - shouldn't pre-define objects that are not
fundamental to it's purpose. It defines books, collections and sessions but
you cannot have QOF without those.

I'll remove FreqSpec from QOF next commit.

--

Neil Williams