Gnucash2 questions

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 09:29:09 EDT 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 9:41 pm, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> 1) Has anyone gotten G2 to work with KDE3.4?

1. You probably know already, but it's in the nature of CVS that it should
always build but isn't expected to always work. Making omelettes without
breaking eggs etc.

2. Have you tried under Gnome?

3. Have you tried gnucash --nofile ?

4. There are problems with the how business features relate to the engine that
I'm trying to fix but it's not done yet (and it's my busiest time of year for
paid employment which cuts down my code time). Try working with files that
don't refer to business objects.

5. I'm still on KDE 3.3.2 and G2 isn't running for me currently, it may not be
a KDE issue at all.

> 2) Is there an up-to-date TODO list?

GNOME2_STATUS ?

> I've thought of a few projects
> (resurrect swig bindings, try out chicken scheme-to-C translator), but they
> don't seem as urgent as getting the port done.

There was a thread here on language bindings, I assume you're referring to
this:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-July/013280.html

I don't want to rush the engine work so would it be preferable for me to
revert parts of the QOF_TYPE_COLLECT changes in the business objects and then
replace them later? It's only the parameter type in the QofClass params that
needs changing to revert to previous operation. The full fix for this
message:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-July/013235.html
is taking longer than I'd hoped.

--