Gnucash2 questions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Jul 17 09:40:37 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 16:41 -0400, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> 1) Has anyone gotten G2 to work with KDE3.4?  I just installed SuSE9.3, built
> G2 but it crashes when I run it whenever I try to open a ledger or the "since
> last run" scheduled transactions.  The stack is always the same (attached).

The ledger should basically function.  I've not verified the
since-last-run stuff, and there may be other reasons it would fail,
depending on data.

> 2) Is there an up-to-date TODO list?  I'd like to help with the port but don't
> know what still needs to be done.

GNOME2_STATUS at the top level is authoritative for the port.

> I've thought of a few projects (resurrect
> swig bindings, try out chicken scheme-to-C translator), but they don't seem
> as urgent as getting the port done.

That's correct.

Scheme-to-C translator?  Sounds ... tricky.  But, certainly, post-2.0
I'd like to see scheme get seriously reduced.  If the tool works, then
it might help.

...jsled