Add new event to differentiate metadata from content modification?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 17:35:30 EDT 2005

On Sunday 24 July 2005 7:57 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I'm looking at the event subsystem in order to at least fix one
> particular bug (the account list in the register doesn't notice when
> accounts are added/removed/modified properly)..  In order to do this I
> need to differentiate between when an account is modified (Edit
> Account) versus when an account's contents are modified (transactions
> added/removed).

GNC_EVENT_MODIFY when this instance is modified (Edit|Account) would make
sense.

The new one could be:
GNC_EVENT_REFERENCE when any of the references to this instance are
modified. ?
or
GNC_EVENT_CHILD ?
(but would that infer a need for GNC_EVENT_PARENT?)

Even though it's metadata, GNC_EVENT_META isn't quite ideal, IMHO.

HTH.

--

Neil Williams