Saving customized reports (reloaded)

Terry D. Boldt fastsnip-frnds1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 18:50:07 EDT 2005

On Saturday 12 June 2004 06:26 am, Christian Stimming wrote:

Trying to follow your procedure for creating customized reports. I had done so
under RH 8, kernal 2.4.20. Recently upgraded to Fedora Core 3 (after very
severe system crash totally corrupted the X Window system).

In attempting to create the custom reports I got as far as issuing the command
"make install" from the "standard-reports" directory. Of course, I got the
error message that

"make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop."

Since I had not done the "./configure" from the base gnucash directory. Issued
that command and got the following error message from 'configure"

checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: Cannot find glib. Check config.log

did a "locate glib" and got the following:

/usr/include/glib-2.0
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h

and lots more lines. So glib is existant, but "glib-config" doesn't exist.

Is there a way to generate glib-config?

Then the "configure" utility will (hopefully) work, generate the necessary
make file for the reports and I can generate my custom reports again.

Thanks,
Terry