libqof change - not complete yet.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Nov 7 11:36:18 EST 2005

Neil Williams schrieb:
>>Is there any particular reason the libqof move wasn't /ONE/ changeset?
>
> To separate the Makefile.am changes from the simply copying of the files. I
> didn't want people to have to sift through a >1Mb diff to find what's been
> changed in configure.in or src/engine/Makefile.am so I committed those first.

Probably a bad idea to begin with. If people want to know the changes in
Makefile.am, they will use "svn diff Makefile.am".

> I couldn't then use svn move because I had to have tested with the files
> already moved, so I used svn remove and svn add.

No way. The history of files like gnc-numeric.c is waaay too important
to be lost simply because of some testing inconvenience. Please replace
the newly added files by the "svn move"d files.

>>Also, this is why IMHO you should use an lndir tree for builds so that
>>you don't accidentally add in temp-files.
>
> lndir ? Sorry, I don't know what that means.

man lndir. To use it:
   cd ..
   mkdir gnucash-build
   cd gnucash-build