how long does gnucash remember --with-ofx-prefix=/opt/libofx?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Nov 13 07:14:12 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 03:45 schrieb David Reiser:
> I've built last weekend's g2 version (11850) several times trying to
> see if I can resolve problems with ofx. Basically, it isn't working
> at all for me. Initially it complains that it can't find the leading
> '<' character. If I delete the ofx file preamble so that the file
> starts with '<ofx>', then it complains of a premature end of file at
> '</ofx>'.

Probably a problem that should be discussed on the libofx developer list...

> The reason for the subject line is that I have the fink version of
> libofx 0.7.0 installed in the normal location in the /sw tree. I also
> built the CVS version of libofx 0.8.0 in /opt/libofx in hopes of
> trying out ofxdirectconnect.

Yes, this is the exact setup where --with-ofx-prefix should be your solution.
If you're not sure whether the directory from there is really picked up
correctly, then look for the lines containing LIBOFX_CFLAGS and LIBOFX_LIBS
in the top-level file ./config.status. In your case they should probably read

s, at LIBOFX_CFLAGS@,-I/opt/libofx/include,;t t
s, at LIBOFX_LIBS@, -L/opt/libofx/lib -lofx,;t t

so that the include directory and the library directory are both specified
here. If they are not, then ./configure for whatever reason unfortunately
didn't pick up correctly your --with-ofx-prefix. As a whacky workaround you
can (after running ./configure) edit these lines in ./config.status and
run ./config.status after that. However, you will need to repeat that each
time ./configure has been run. Of course in the long run we need to fix the
detection of libofx in ./configure, but this workaround should be a solution
for you for now.

> (gwenhywfar won't build, so I can't even
> try getting aqbanking up)

gwenhywfar doesn't build? Not even the most recent gwenhywfar-1.19.1? I and
Martin Preuss would happily try to fix this. You can send the build errors to
me privately and we'll see what we can do.

Christian