Confusion about use of G2

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Sun Oct 2 15:17:48 EDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:09:16PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sunday 02 October 2005 7:42 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> > I don't believe that it relates to
> > the G2 port at all.
>
> I agree none of the QOF stuff is related to the GUI port to Gtk2 but it is all
> related to the underlying port to glib-2.
>
> The original desire for a G2 port, in my understanding, was to port gnucash to
> the gnome2 libraries, not just port the GUI to Gtk2.

That's my understanding as well.  So, what functionality in glib1 is
missing from glib2 that requires the QOF pullout?  Is this a tree-sync
issue? i.e.: external QOF has moved forward to version w/o glib1,
therefore the easiest way to remove glib1 dep from gc is to upgrade
internal qof to new version, which requires massive factoring?

-chris