Error building gnucash 1.8.12

Rauch Christian info at rauch-webdesign.de
Thu Oct 20 05:20:47 EDT 2005

Christian Stimming schrieb:

> Dear Christian,
>
> I guess you are building on a SuSE system? Then, according to
> http://linuxwiki.de/GnuCash/SourceInstall, you need to specify the
> following argument at ./configure:
>
>   ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

if building with this argument i get the following error:
checking if scanf supports %lld conversions... configure: error: cannot
run test program while cross compiling

therefore i tried removing this one. it builds fine, but with the
noticed error on starting

> This is a known problem with SuSE and won't be fixed in the
> gnucash-1.8.x series.
>
> The clear indication that this has been the error is that when running
> ./configure, you get the following output:
>
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... unknown
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
> checking whether to build shared libraries... no
> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
>
> -- and static libraries are the WRONG THING (TM) for gnucash.

i get the following output with and without this argument:
checking dynamic linker characteristics... unknown
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

I am building on openSUSE 10.0 Final.

Regards,
Christian Rauch