G2 Testing - Scheduled Transactions/Register

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Thu Oct 27 18:27:49 EDT 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 5:54 pm, someone claiming to be David Hampton
wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 13:30 -0400, Josh Sled wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 12:04:51PM -0400, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > | In a related issue:
> > | It would seem to be a good idea to have the preferences dialog mirror
> > | the SX creation Options section.
> >
> > True, and that makes sense; I'll need to talk to hampton to see if this
> > is readily possible, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.  FTR, however,
> > there are certainly issues I consider higher severity w.r.t. 2.0.
>
> Josh,
>
> I think my misunderstanding of the sx settings when I created the
> preferences may be contributing to the problem.  Can you clarify for me
> whether my current understanding is correct.  (Line numbers refer to the
> sxed dialog options settings in Tim's picture.)
>
> The "create automatically" seems to be a master setting. If clear, all
> the other settings are ignored.  If checked, then transactions will be
> created on the date of the transaction.

No, create automatically means it gets created without any intervention from
the user, whenever the Since Last Run dialog is run to completion within the
time frame of <days in advance> to <create date>.

I use create automatically for payday transactions that don't change week to
week.

> If the checkbox in line three
> is selected, then transactions will not be created on the actual date of
> the transaction, but will be created x days early.

SX's that are not created automatically are editable from within the Since
Last Run dialog (SLRD). If SLRD is run within <days in advance to create> to
<create date>, then the transaction is presented to the user for
edit/creation. If SLRD is run within <days in advance to remind> and <days in
advance to create>, a reminder is presented, from which it can be selected
for creation.

> If transactions are
> being created automatically, the "notify me when created" checkbox seems
> obvious.  You get a message when a transaction is created.  I'm confused
> about the final line though.  Does this move the creation announcement
> forward by x days, or is this an additional reminder that occurs in
> advance of creating the transaction.  Also is this number of days
> calculated from the date of the transaction, or the date that the
> transaction will be created.  For example, if I have a transaction to be
> created on December 1st, marked as create 7 days in advance and a
> reminder 10 days in advance, when does the reminder occur?  November
> 14th (ten days before the transaction is created) or 21st (den days
> before the transaction is dated).

If you want, I can create some screenies of the whole process (I use SX's
extensivley) and post them for your review. (but not tonight -- well, maybe
much later tonight...)

Tim

--
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz), Linux 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4
KDE: 3.4.3-1.0.fc4.kde, xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2