Gnucash Under Windows

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 10:56:25 EDT 2006

I've made slow progress with getting gnucash under cygwin but am
hacking on.  I've made a few stupid mistakes, but some of the blame is
due to the various congure scripts!

The state of configuration and detection of required dependencies is
terrible--starting with gnucash that couldn't find several
non-existing dependencies.  (I'll submit a bug report when I get more
organized and make sure it's not my fault.)

Pkg-config is becoming more of a player, but at least one gnome
package (libgsf) cannot find the existence of  gconf-2.0! (My
PKG_CONFIG_PATH points to the directory containing 'gconf-2.0.pc'.)

Does anyone know of a public registry for current open source package
names, versions, and official source locations?  If not, perhaps the
Open Source Foundation would be a logical place.

-Tom