[rms at gnu.org: Some problems on gnucash.org]

Eneko Lacunza listas at enlar.net
Tue Aug 29 12:26:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

El mar, 15-08-2006 a las 11:34 +0100, Nigel Titley escribió:
> > Given the insignificance of the practical difference it would make,
> > I'm inclined to take the existing copyright notices at face value, and
> > to not change any existing copyright notices unless the actual
> > copyright holder (whomever or whatever that may be) asks for incorrect
> > copyright notices to be corrected.  At the present, that's equivalent
> > to assuming that the FSF holds no copyright to any part of GnuCash,
> > which is exactly what I thought a week ago.  :)
> One minor thing to bear in mind, although it probably makes little
> difference in practice, is that those of us who made translations
> available via the Translation project have assigned copyright of those
> translations to the FSF as part of the process of submission via the TP.

This is not fully accurate. I made available translations via de TP in
the past, and I never assigned copyrights for the translations, as can
be cheked in TP page:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=es

I was told by spanish TP leader that for GnuCash it was optional,
although encouraged, and so were accepted my submissions, altough I made
no copyright assigment. And it is so shown in "gnucash" textual domain
page:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=gnucash

(sorry for re-introducing this topic again)

Regards,
Eneko