Norwegian accounts don't show up.

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Thu Feb 9 06:22:50 EST 2006

Christian Stimming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tor Harald Thorland schrieb:
>> Why doesn't the norwegian accounts show when i try to setup an
>> account hierar... I have norwegian text in the program... but the
>> english default accounts to choose from.
>>
>> This is on revision 13173.
>>
>> I now started gnucash with: LANGUAGE=nb /opt/gnucash......bin/gnucash
>
> Maybe the accounts were chosen from the LANG variable, not from the
> LANGUAGE variable? Try
>
>   LANGUAGE=nb LANG=nb gnucash
>
> BTW if you get that other error message "locale xy not supported by C
> library" again, then you should check the list of actually supported
> locales. This is checked by
>
>   locale -a
>
> and in particular, you would look for "locale -a |grep nb" (or grep
> NO) which tells you the exact names of supported Norwegian locales.
>
> Christian
As you can see below, I've tryed all the posibilities as far as i can
see.. any other suggestions?

tortho at inspiron:~$ LANGUAGE=nb LANG=nb /opt/gnucash-1.9/bin/gnucash

(gnucash:10606): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

This is a development version. It may or may not work.
Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
The last stable version was GnuCash 1.8.12
The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.0

(gnucash:10606): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

tortho at inspiron:~$ locale -a
en_AU.utf8
en_BW.utf8
en_CA.utf8
en_DK.utf8
en_GB.utf8
en_HK.utf8
en_IE.utf8
en_IN
en_NZ.utf8
en_PH.utf8
en_SG.utf8
en_US.utf8
en_ZA.utf8
en_ZW.utf8
nb_NO.utf8
POSIX
tortho at inspiron:~$ LANGUAGE=nb_NO LANG=nb_NO /opt/gnucash-1.9/bin/gnucash

(gnucash:10636): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

This is a development version. It may or may not work.
Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
The last stable version was GnuCash 1.8.12
The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.0

(gnucash:10636): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
tortho at inspiron:~$

THT