compiling gnucash2 on FC5-devel (gcc 4.1.0)

Dave Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:12:00 EST 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> warlord at MIT.EDU (warlord at MIT.EDU) said:
>
>> Honestly, I don't know.  I've never seen it cause a problem.  In fact
>> all my development (on FC3) has used g-wrap 1.3.4.   Unforunately the
>> g-wrap-1.9.6 configure script doesn't properly detect the lack of glib1,
>> so it tries to build it even when it's not able to (which is the cause of
>> the g-wrap build error).  I'm not sure whether gnucash2 requires the g-wrap
>> glib bindings...  But you can certainly build g-wrap against glib2 with
>> that small configure modification.
>>

> Another silly question - what does 1.9.6 buy you? For FC, I'm still
> at 1.3.x, mainly because of inertia (well, and the fact that if we're
> going to build libffi, it should probably come from the compiler tree.) -
> 1.3.x seems to work fine.
>
> Bill

When I updated the FC4 system I received gcc 4.0.1 and when "make"ing
the svn  or 1.9  I received an error (sorry I had a recent crash and
have  lost the messages).
It has been clearly stated the gcc 4 requires q-wrap-1.9.

I install glib-devel today and was able to build/install both 1.9 and
svn.  When attempting to run either version I found that I need to
install "umb-scheme".

Observation READ.dependences does not list the "umb-scheme" in the list
Libraries/Deps.

Thanks to the discussion I'm back in business.

FYI - I was not able to locate a configure.in in the g-wrap-1.9
directory tree - hence why I tries the glib-devel install.

Thanks again

Dave