bugzilla comments (was: [DRAFT] Proposed release schedule for 1.9.x)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jan 17 05:54:06 EST 2006

Chris Shoemaker schrieb:
>>>No objection.  How well-maintainted is the bugzilla?  Are there some
>>>bugzilla-masters out there?
>>
>>All the committers should have full access to the GnuCash bugs.
>>If you do not then you should let us know what your bugzilla ID is so
>>you can get access.
>
> I meant the content, not the system.  Obviously, I'm not heavy into
> bugzilla maintenance, but _somebody_ needs to be.  Sounds like Josh is
> stepping up.

In case people didn't notice, I regularly go through all gnucash items
in bugzilla. 443 items, of which 233 claim to be actual bugs. See
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/weekly-bug-summary.html as for who
good this is in comparison to e.g. Gnumeric (quite equal numbers) or
GIMP (we've got significantly more open bugs).

Those items that were outright duplicates are usually marked as such
quite quickly, either by the gnome bugsquad or myself or any of us.
Also, narrowing the search "by component" goes a long way to make
duplicates much more obvious. Nevertheless I believe the majority of
those 233 bugs *cannot* easily be closed as duplicates or similar. My
guess is that
- maybe 10% might already be fixed,
- 20% occur only in some obscure build system that we cannot reproduce,
- 10% refer to documentation that needs to be written,
- 10% refers to issues in the General Ledger which still nobody got
around to track down (because apparently no developer uses the General
Ledger)
- 20% refer to actual new bugs in the current SVN, which should ideally
be fixed before 2.0.0
- and the rest I don't know about.

Christian