bugzilla comments

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 09:40:03 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:54:06AM +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:

> >>All the committers should have full access to the GnuCash bugs.
> >>If you do not then you should let us know what your bugzilla ID is so
> >>you can get access.
> >
> >I meant the content, not the system.  Obviously, I'm not heavy into
> >bugzilla maintenance, but _somebody_ needs to be.  Sounds like Josh is
> >stepping up.
>
> In case people didn't notice, I regularly go through all gnucash items
> in bugzilla. 443 items, of which 233 claim to be actual bugs. See
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/weekly-bug-summary.html as for who
> good this is in comparison to e.g. Gnumeric (quite equal numbers) or
> GIMP (we've got significantly more open bugs).
>
> Those items that were outright duplicates are usually marked as such
> quite quickly, either by the gnome bugsquad or myself or any of us.
> Also, narrowing the search "by component" goes a long way to make
> duplicates much more obvious. Nevertheless I believe the majority of
> those 233 bugs *cannot* easily be closed as duplicates or similar. My
> guess is that
> - maybe 10% might already be fixed,
> - 20% occur only in some obscure build system that we cannot reproduce,
> - 10% refer to documentation that needs to be written,
> - 10% refers to issues in the General Ledger which still nobody got
> around to track down (because apparently no developer uses the General
> Ledger)
> - 20% refer to actual new bugs in the current SVN, which should ideally
> be fixed before 2.0.0
> - and the rest I don't know about.

Thanks for that summary.  I'm glad we have a couple bugzilla-masters
around.  I looked at bugzilla yesterday and noticed a bug that could
be closed.  (test-lots failure) But, it's owned by linas.  What
recourse is there for bugs owned by inactive developers?

I'd like to volunteer to be assigned any bugs related to Budget, (I
hope to create a component for that) and also any bugs now assigned to
any inactive developers.

-chris