Are patches to 1.8 useful?

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Jan 18 04:29:40 EST 2006

I've been using gnucash to keep track of my finances for the last year
or so.  Since I wanted a reliable program (I got tired of Quicken
crashing) I've been using version 1.8.

During that time I've made a number of changes to gnucash to fix bugs
and improve it in various ways.  Are you interested in patches for
these changes?  Most of them are small changes that might still be
relevant to the 1.9/2.0 code stream.  If the 1.8 code stream is so old
and out of date that you don't care about changes to it, I won't bother
generating patches.  On the other hand if the patches would be useful
I'm happy to generate them.

The changes affect things like handling multiple currencies, using
consistent prices in reports, building in a separate directory from the
source and running from that directory without installing gnucash,
speeding up loading of large files, and a few other things.

--
Mike Alexander
Ann Arbor, MI