Updates to 1.9.x Help file - gettingstarted

David V Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:59:05 EDT 2006

I have been working on updating the Help files for the 1.9/2.0
documentation.

I'm attaching a revised version of the "gettingstarted.xml" file for the
GnuCash Help files.

I do have a couple of questions/issues with it as you will notice when
viewed with yelp.

The first issue is highlighted as NOTES in the middle of QIF import
section.  I know there is a screen requesting Account name if the QIF
import file does not contain an account, however I can't seem to reach
it.  How do you export a file from Q without an account?

The real question is where in the text does the "note" belong!

I would like to generate a TOC for lower level sections but have not had
any luck.  Any suggestions?

I am attaching the "getting started" XML file.  Please view with yelp
and send comments.

I will send a diff with the svn if requested, the XML validates with
yelp & xmllint.

Dave

PS I have also started on "usage" that will be later - though I have a
draft of the first several menus.