Are we ready for the 2.0.0 release in mid-May?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 2 00:36:08 EDT 2006

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

> Regarding budgets, I think they're working well enough to leave
> enabled.  I don't know of any budget misbehavior.  Since budgets are
> new, there's not much user-expectation to live up to so I don't think
> we have to worry about impressions.  Right now, budgets do pretty much
> everything I need them to, so if they don't get more exposure, and
> people describing any aditional features they want, I've got nothing
> more to change.

I'm still waiting for the "merge" of FreqSpec and Recurrence...  You promised
that you'd merge them into a single API.  I'm still waiting.

> IMO, there are no known outstanding bugs that should prevent a 2.0
> release.  The SQL backend situation is _very_ unfortunate, but making
> it usable would require fixing several major bugs, and no one seems to
> be working on it.  I think we should officially declare it unsupported
> in 2.0.

I'm not sure it was officially supported in 1.8, either.

> However, I'm still not sure if a mid-May release will work because,
> IMO, we absolutely shouldn't release a 2.0 without a correspondingly
> updated website.  I've seen the web-site redesigns floating around for
> months.  They're good designs; we just have to make them happen.

Right now we're really just waiting for Linas.