per account icon ?

Fabien COELHO fabien at coelho.net
Wed May 24 11:29:07 EDT 2006

Dear gnucash developers.

I'm having a look at the new 1.9.6 version.

Basically its great, so thanks a lot for those who have spent and are
spending time on the software. Now, I wouldn't send an email just for
that. I have a minor feature suggestion triggered by gnucash new look:

I'm wondering about the new account "institution" icon which is displayed
in front of all accounts in the "Accounts" tabulation. It seems to me that
the added value of having the very same icon in front of all the accounts
is low. Moreover, although the icons looks right in front of a bank
account, the bank being an institution, I'm unsure that I see my house or
car assets, or my petrol or restaurant expenses, as "institutions".

So my 0.02 euro-cents suggestion for a later future improved version is
that having an icon is fine, but there should be some per account option
setting to change its appearance, esp. for expenses. I haven't seen such
an option in the account edition dialog.

Have a nice day, and thanks for the work.

--
Fabien.