1.9.6

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Sat May 27 15:27:25 EDT 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 01:18:19PM -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> > - Preferences: Toolbar style, text besides icons: not all icons show
> > text
>
> This is normal.  The "text beside icon" setting is also know as the
> "priority text" setting.   Only the most important should be labeled in
> this setting.  The Human Interface Guidelines explicitly say that no
> more than four buttons should be labeled in this mode.  See:
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/toolbars-labels-tooltips.html

This is explained well in the tooltip, but we could probably use a
different label for the preference setting, since it does actually
hide most labels.  Maybe: "Priority text beside icons".  I'll note it
on the StringFreeze page.

> > - In the main window I miss a command to expand or shrink all the
> > account hierarchy
>
> Try select and account and then holding the shift key and typing the
> plus key on the keypad.  This is a standard GTK key for expanding all
> levels of the selected tree item.

hmm. It really does only work with the keypad '+', not the other one.
Interesting.

-chris