Automatically split transactions with sales tax or VAT (Value added tax) when a transaction is booked to an sales or?value-added-tax related account

Oliver König oliver at windfinder.com
Thu Nov 16 13:26:04 EST 2006

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:01:19PM +0100, Oliver König wrote:
> > Further I have got a lot of customers who pay by bank transfer. When I
> > download those transactions from my bank with GnuCash / aqbanking  I have
> > to split each of these transactions manually.
>
> Well that is obviously a pain. Can you pull down the transactions
> outside of gnucash and pre-process them before importing?

In the case of direct debits I create all direct debits with a small PERL
script from my database and import all direct debits into GnuCash with
the "Import & Send" Function that Christian Stimming has programmed and send
them to the bank via GnuCash/aqbanking. I could delete all these transactions
after having sent them to the bank and create one new transaction with the
total sum and split that transaction manually. But that would be a very poor
solution since I would not be able to track all the direct debits in GnuCash
anymnore as I did before. Tracking and achiving all transactions is very
important to me.

In the case of bank transfer there is no solution at all because the the
payments are initialized by the customers and I see the bank transfers when
getting the bank transactions through GnuCash/aqbanking.

Oliver König

Windfinder.com
Knorrstr. 24 Hinterhaus
24106 Kiel