r14792 - gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32 - Readd expat-bin (xmlparse, xmltok), freetype-dev, jpeg-bin and

"Andreas Köhler" andi5.py at gmx.net
Thu Sep 7 16:19:43 EDT 2006

It worked for me, see http://www.jclark.com/xml/expat.html for the link.

> Expat is needed for perl's XML::Parser, which is something we need
> for intltool.   I don't specifically know why we need freetype or jpeg.

Yes and no. XML::Parser needs expat, but IIRC something else needed it too.
I am sorry, I cannot check because my PC is being repaired right now :(
I think jpeg (and others?) was required by gconftool-2. I can check the
remaining in a few days if you want to, but actually I added them on
demand.

> > Also, with the new gnome-2.16 release, we might consider switching the
> gnome
> > packages to newer versions sooner or later. Today the win32-directories
> were
> > still marked as "work in progress", so we'll need to wait a few days.

@Christian: Is there some win32 package infrastructure we can plug into?
Gnumeric, Evolution, Gimp and GnuCash share a lot of code---maybe we can
make use of installed libraries somehow?

-- andi5