Weired transaction entry behavior after upgrade from 1.8.x to 2.0.1

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Sat Sep 9 06:37:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

I recently upgraded to gnucash2 and was impressed about the much more modern
look and feel and many improvements in details.

The only weired and annoying behaviour I see is whenever I enter a transaction
I have two issues:
- When I enter a transaction description, gnucash proposes completions based
on previous entries, which is very useful. Since version 2, I get something
like this:

  -> I enter "B"
  -> gnucash completes to "Backer" and puts the cursor BEFORE the capital B
  -> when I wanted to have "Brewery",  I continue with entering "r"
  -> then I get "rBacker"

Not sure what goes wrong there.

- When "Backer" would have been the right text, I hit tab and gnucash proposes
accounts. In gnucash2, the proposed accounts are proposed are correct. But
the are interchanged, the from account is the to account and visa versa. I.e.
I have to make the amount transfered negative.

I am running KDE 3.3.2 on Debian 3.1. Probably more interesting are the gtk
libraries, but I don't know which one are the interesting one. I use stock
Debian libraries, versions may be looked up at

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.en-gb.html#search_packages

or send me an email, and I will check them (somethimes Debian also includes
more then one version).

Any hints are welcome.

Many thanks,
Rainer

PS: I compiled gnucash myself, so I could do a recompile with a trace/debug
patch.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Alzentalstr. 28