Non compatibility of Gnucash 2.2 with report from Gnucash 2.0

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Thu Aug 23 14:07:50 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:13:32PM +0200, Thierry Scalais wrote:
> Last year, I modified the advanced-portfolio report to add some useful
> functionality. I posted the report to this mailing list on September
> 2006. This reports worked fine with Gnucash 2.0.
> (https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2006-September/018530.html)
>
> Unfortunately, Gnucash 2.2 is not compatible with this report. The main
> reason is that a series of function definitions disappear. Indeed, the
> current advanced-portfolio report was modified to take account of these
> changes.
>
> I found in the changelog, a list of equivalence between the old
> definitions and the new ones. But, some definitions used in my report
> are not listed.
>
> So my question is:
>
> Is there, any where, a file that I could include in my report to
> retrieve the old definitions and so avoid a rewrite of my report?

No, there is not.  We switched wrapper-generator tools from g-wrap to
SWIG, so many identifiers changed.  If your report used a method that
no other report used, there's a chance it's not being exported to
guile anymore, but it's more likely that the names just changed.  Tell
me what identifier you can't find anymore, and I'll see if I can help.

-chris