gnucash FSF copyright assignments

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Dec 2 14:21:27 EST 2007

In the August 2006 thread about whether gnucash is or is not a GNU project
  https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2006-August/018378.html
there was a discussion about copyright assignments.

Just for the record, the only related entries I could find in the
official FSF copyright.list file are a bunch of disclaimers from
Gnumatic dating from 2001 (included below), as Linas discussed in
several messages inthe above thread.  I don't see any actual assignments
to the FSF, or from the individuals named below.  Therefore I conclude
that the copyright to the program is held by all the individual
contributors.

Anyway, such copyright assignments have nothing to do with whether
something is an official GNU package.  Copyright on many GNU packages is
held by their authors, not the FSF.

karl

ANY	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by Dave Petrcolas, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

ANY	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by Tyson Dowd, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

ANY	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by James Lewis Moss, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

ANY	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by Bill Gribble, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

ANY	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by Robert Graham Merkel, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

ANY	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by Linas Vepstas, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

ANY EMACS GUILE	Gnumatic Incorporated	2001-01-31
Disclaims operating system components and changes to free software
by Rob Browning, in the past and for the next 100 years.
linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)