new to gnucash and I need to create a stable development environment

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Tue Dec 4 11:14:43 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 07:59 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> packaging for debian is probably beyond the scope of this list (unless
> Thomas Bushnell is watching).

He is.

> > While I am not an expert in building debian packages, i feel certain that
> > building a source tree into a package should be repeatable. I cannot seem to
> > get gnucash to build (debuild) more than once. I get errors shown at the
> > bottom of this message.
>
> of course it should be repeatable. You are probably best served by
> asking this question on the appropriate debian list. You could try
> debian-user (many experts there) but you may be better served by a
> list more focused on packaging like debian-mentors. Those folks will
> be more familiar with the debian packaging tools.

The debian gnucash package is not repeatedly rebuildable, but that's
fine for debian.  It expects to be cleaned before building each time
(which is what dpkg-buildpackage does anyway).

This is not a bug.  However, I'm happy to change it if someone were to
submit a wishlist bug to the BTS with patches. It's a pretty low
priority for me however.

Thomas