SX not entered to Register

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Feb 9 14:01:08 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 01:19 -0500, Volker Englisch wrote:

> a) Enter Values
> I just build GC 2.0.4 (R15521) on FC6.  I have a scheduled transaction
> for a utility bill coming up.  I click the "(need value)" field and
> enter the amount for the transaction and then I click OK.
> However, the transaction is not being entered to the register of the
> utility.
> Maybe I'm not using the new interface correctly?

No, that sounds like the right path through the dialog.  One thing to do
is check the "Review created transactions" checkbox, make sure the list
contains what you expect, and then compare that to the normal register
for the involved accounts.

> b) Delete Values
> I am entering a value for a scheduled transaction in the SLR window and
> realize I have entered the amount for the wrong transaction.
> How can I delete this value?
> When I delete the value, it is repopulated as soon as I select another
> transaction.

Yeah, that's a bug.  Noted.

> c) Delete Auto-created transactions
> I have a daily expense that I'm keeping track of which is auto-created
> using a scheduled transaction.  Once in a while I do not have this
> expense (i.e. didn't by lunch due to vacation).
> With the old interface I was able to delete auto-created transactions
> before they were added to the register.
> How do I delete an auto-created transaction from the SLR interface or
> will I have to go to the expense account to delete those transactions?

Here, I was about to suggest you use the "Review created transactions"
list, they're not present in that list/search.  It seems like they
should be, so I guess that's a bug.  Would that be sufficent ... it
seems like it's similar to the review page you'd get in the old UI.

Another option would be to make the "Created" state -- instead of
insensitive -- a combo box with {"create as planned", "ignore"}, but I'd
rather not.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}