Problem running svn r 15552

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Feb 10 13:21:53 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 11:02 -0700, Dave Herman wrote:
> I start with:
>
> [dvherman at IBMobil GnuCash-svn]$ LANG=en_US /opt/gnucash-svn/bin/gnucash
> --nofile --loglevel=6
[...]
> Any suggestions on additional data to isolate problem ?

"--loglevel" is currently unsupported, as per
<http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2007-February/019836.html>.

I assumed it would just be ignored, but it turns out that not only do we
not enable the "ignore unknown" option in the command-line parser, but
it's set to unknown-is-error by default, and we don't even check if the
parsing resulted in error.  As such, if any argument is ill-formed, we
treat all the command-line arguments as file names, and thus (in your
example) will try to load the specified file "--nofile".

However, this shouldn't haved failed in the way you describe ... it
should have just said via dailog "The file "/path/to/--nofile" could not
be found.", but generally stayed running.  Weird.

In short, to work around the problem, don't specify "--loglevel=6" as an
option.  I'll correct the other issues in a while.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}