SX not entered to Register

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Wed Feb 14 02:58:12 EST 2007

On 02/13/2007 08:40 AM Josh Sled wrote:
> BTW, r15546 added the ability to reset the variable back to blank/"need
> value".

Great.  It sure works for me now.

> This is still true for non-auto-create transactions ... say, those that
> have come due, or are created in advance.  The "State" column cells,
> when clicked, are a combo box of the options.

Oh my.  It didn't even occur to me that you could click on this cell as
well.  It was obvious that I had to click on the '(need value)' field.

> The Ok button on this dialog will have a similar behavior to the "Next"
> button on the to-create-transaction page from the old SLR druid: if
> there is a transaction with unbound variable(s), it will focus it.
>
> Perhaps it'd be better if there was a seperate "Find Unfinished" button,
> and the Ok-button sensitivity was a function of the overall completeness
> of the transactions; a count of the need-variables transactions
> remaining would also be nice.
>
> As well, it sound like a "hide complete" toggle might be welcome.

Yes, these enhancements would be nice.
However, now that I have a better understanding of how the new SLR UI
works I think I'm able to use it just like the old UI (except for making
adjustments to the auto-created transactions).

One other thing I just now noticed.  The old UI listed the number of
days until a transaction listed with status 'Reminder' would be due.  I
liked that feature but it's not part of the new UI.

Thanks for all the hard work!

     Volker