broken (?) link on https://lists.gnucash.org/search/ [How to search]

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Feb 27 04:42:55 EST 2007

Am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2007 03:44 schrieb Frank H. Ellenberger:
> long time ago, I was wondering about this selfreference
> on the page https://lists.gnucash.org/search/, but did not bother about it.
>
> So I assume, that [How to search] should refer to something like NMZ.tips.

Just to add some more detail: This question asks about the SVN file
search/templates/NMZ.head.php_tmpl line 31 which reads

At runtime, the href target "{cgi}" evaluates to

The PHP variable {cgi} is just exactly the same as the overall action of the
form, which is set in the same file in line 25:

<form method="get" action="{cgi}">

In effect, pressing the "How to search" link gives you the same as pressing
the "Search" button with an empty search. I wonder whether this is really
intended. As Frank already said: This link should probably lead to the
NMZ.tips page, especially because I don't see any link anywhere else that
would lead to that page...

Christian