about check number heuristics

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Fri Jan 26 12:50:45 EST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:17:39 +0100
Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:

> In particular, as you've mentioned OFX here,
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-January/019062.html
> I would strongly suggest to simply add a numerical comparison (in
> additiona to the string comparison) in import-backend.c, as this
> achieves your original goal of "good scores to imported transactions"
> obviously much much easier.

I agree and already did that. It is working.

But somebody (maybe yourself) stated that "perhaps the importer could try
to be more intelligent" and I simply offered to give my 2 cents.

If you think this is not necessary (maybe this is a "problem" complained by
myself only) I am satisfied with my (unsent) small patch. My sole intention
was to contribute. ;-)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Keep up the great work

Ethy