Release date 2.2.0?

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Mon Jul 2 00:46:42 EDT 2007

Sorry all, I got swamped by work and my planned trip away this weekend
and couldn't put together the tarball. I will attempt to put it together
tomorrow (2nd).

> As we've agreed on another 2.1.5 this weekend, what would be your
> preferred release date? Friday would be fine as well. Could you modify
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule accordingly and also
> note the approximate time of day of when you intend to do the release
> (just so that andi5 knows whether you'll release in the afternoon or
> night)?

I assume you are referring to the 2.2.0 release. I was originally
thinking Thursday, but the delay of the release to mid-july has now
crimped me bit as I will be away from home all that week. I could
possible put the tarball together friday evening on the 13th July.
As to the announcement, how are we going to do that? So far I've just
been sending out the email to the list and announcing it on our
homepage. Do we need more? What format?
As the most important aspect of this release is the windows support, I'd
like someone who is using it currently on windows to let us know if we
need to announce it in some windows specific places too.

Chris